OZZY OSBOURNE Cancels Performance At POWER TRIP Festival: ‘I’m Just Not Ready Yet’

- in Music
470
Comments Off on OZZY OSBOURNE Cancels Performance At POWER TRIP Festival: ‘I’m Just Not Ready Yet’

Ozzy Osbourne has canceled his appearance as one the headliners of the Goldenvoice-produced Power Trip festival, which will take place Friday, October 6 to Sunday, October 8 at the Empire Polo Club In Indio, California.

Earlier today, the legendary BLACK SABBATH singer released the following statement: “As painful as this is, I’ve had to make the decision to bow out of performing on Power Trip in October.

“My original plan was to return to the stage in the summer of 2024, and when the offer to do this show came in, I optimistically moved forward. Unfortunately, my body is telling me that I’m just not ready yet and I am much too proud to have the first show that I do in nearly five years be half-assed.

“The band that will be replacing me on Power Trip will be announced shortly. They are personal friends of mine and I can promise that you will not be disappointed.

“Above all, I want to thank my fans, my band, and my crew for their unconditional loyalty and continual support. I love you all and I will see you soon.

“God Bless, Ozzy“.

Power Trip will feature performances by GUNS N’ ROSESAC/DCMETALLICAIRON MAIDEN and TOOL.

Ozzy‘s health issues, including catching COVID-19 more than a year ago, forced him to cancel some of his previously announced tours.

While Osbourne‘s health issues forced him to scrap most of his live appearances, the legendary BLACK SABBATH frontman said he would return if his condition improved.

This past April, Ozzy was photographed walking without his cane in Los Angeles. According to Page Six, the 74-year-old singer looked unbalanced as he walked alongside his carer, who picked up flowers during their daytime stroll around the neighborhood and held them out for Osbourne to take a whiff.

Ozzy most recently gave an update on his touring status in February during an episode of SiriusXM‘s “Ozzy Speaks”. He said: “Well, I’ve been working my guts out to try and get back on my feet. I’ve come to the point where [my wife and manager] Sharon says to me, ‘You know what? The truth of the matter is you can’t keep booking tours and failing, canceling. So, if I can ever get back to where I can tour again, fine. But right now, if you said to me, ‘Can you go on the road in a month?’ I couldn’t say yes. I mean, if I could tour, I’d tour. But right now I can’t book tours because right now I don’t think I could pull them off.”

Osbourne also commented on the fact that some of the media outlets reported that he was retiring from the road after he released his statement canceling his tour.

“The fucking press drive you nuts,” Ozzy said. “I mean, I looked in the magazine, ‘Ozzy‘s on his last legs.’ I’m fucking not dying… Come on, guys. Haven’t I’ve had it bad enough already? If I get okay today, if the doctor said to me today, ‘Oh, you can tour, it would take another six months to get it together, you know?”

Osbourne also touched upon his ongoing health issues, saying: “You’ve got no idea. You got no idea what my… I feel like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest. The only thing I’ve got that keeps me going is making records. But I can’t do that forever. I gotta get out there… [I’m] still in constant pain. I do to the best I can to stay away from the pain medication, but there are times when I go, ‘You know, I’ve gotta take something.’ I mean, last week I couldn’t… I’ve been sleeping great, and all of a sudden for two back-to-back nights. I never slept a wink. If you’re gonna torture me, just keep me awake for a couple of days. I’ll tell you whatever the fuck you want me to say.”

Osbourne was due to embark on a tour of Europe later this year, but in the aforementioned statement said that he has “come to the realization that I’m not physically capable … as I know I couldn’t deal with the travel required.

“This is probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to share with my loyal fans,” the musician continued in his statement. “As you may all know, four years ago this month, I had a major accident, where I damaged my spine. My one and only purpose during this time has been to get back on stage. My singing voice is fine. However, after three operations, stem cell treatments, endless physical therapy sessions, and most recently groundbreaking Cybernics (HAL) treatment, my body is still physically weak.

“Believe me when I say that the thought of disappointing my fans really FUCKS ME UP, more than you will ever know,” he wrote. “Never would I have imagined that my touring days would have ended this way.”

In the statement, Osbourne added that he was looking into “ideas for where I will be able to perform without having to travel from city to city and country to country”, and thanked his fans for “their endless dedication, loyalty and support, and for giving me the life that I never ever dreamed I would have”.

Osbourne‘s previously announced European tour with guests JUDAS PRIEST, originally set for 2019 and then rescheduled three times, was officially canceled in early February. The trek was scheduled to begin in Helsinki, Finland, on May 3, and include gigs in Nottingham, Newcastle, Glasgow, Manchester, Dublin and London, before finishing in his original hometown of Birmingham on June 14.

Ozzy has had extensive spinal surgery and other treatment over the past four years, after a fall at home in 2019 aggravated injuries he suffered in a near-fatal quad bike crash in 2003. But despite his health problems, Osbourne has performed a couple of times in recent months, including at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham last August and at the NFL halftime show at the season opener Los Angeles Rams and Buffalo Bills game last September.

About the author

You may also like

Trump injured after shots heard at rally in Pennsylvania

Donald Trump is safe and a shooter and